Posted on September 13, 2018
I recently sat down for an interview with my friend Jay Worsley who is an award-winning filmmaker & photographer. Jay just launched a brand new drone cinematography course called Drone Master Class for those looking to up their drone game.
Jay’s drone course is called Drone Master Class which is an online video course designed to challenge, inspire, educate and push your aerial filmmaking to a whole new level.
The Drone Masterclass covers such topics as:
- location scouting
- shooting style
- shot choice & technique
- sound design
- color grading
- getting your film out there
- making money
- licensing footage
To learn more about Jay check out the video he made for us below or skip further down to read the interview I did with him.
If you can make it to the end of this post or the video then you’ll see that Jay has generously offered From Where I Drone readers a $50 off discount code. To receive the discount just enter “FWID” at the Drone Master Class checkout page and the discount will be automatically applied.
Posted on September 10, 2018
If you are creative, technically inclined and have an idea for the next big innovation in the field of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) then listen up!
Each year GENIUS NY (Growing Entrepreneurs In Upstate New York) awards innovative startups from around the world with millions of dollars in funding for their drone-based ideas and businesses.
This year they are at it again and are looking to hand out millions of dollars to startups in the drone industry.
GENIUS NY is currently accepting applications for the drone pitch competition which takes place later this year. For a chance to participate in the competition you must apply by October.
Those who are selected will move forward and pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, with a live audience present, and have their work evaluated and scored.
From there GENIUS NY will award five lucky finalists teams with a total of $3 million dollars in funding to ring their drone ideas to life.
The top team will be granted a $1 million dollar investment and the other four teams will be awarded $500,000 each. Read More
Posted on August 23, 2018
I just finished watching the live stream of the DJI Mavic 2 event…
and I have to say I am even more excited than I was when I first started reading the leaks. Why?
Well today DJI released two different versions of their Mavic drone line and they both have some impressive features that weren’t leaked before the event.
To get you up to speed you need to know there are now two different versions, the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro.
Mavic 2 Drone Specs:
- Both drones come with 8GB of onboard storage (storage can still be increased with a microSD card)
- Both drones shoot 4K footage at up to 100 megabits per second (which means better-looking footage)
- Both drones have a top speed of 44 mph (whoa!)
- Both drones get 31 minutes of flight time (first Mavic was 28mins)
- Both drones have 10 sensors for obstacle avoidance which means they have up & down, forward & backward, left & right obstacle sensing (for added peace of mind)
- Both drones have the new OcuSync 2.0 system which means you’ll get great looking 1080p live image transmission (niceeee)
- Both drones have a maximum range of up to five miles (line of sight anyone?)
- Both drones are quieter than the first Mavic (great news)
- Both drones have the new Hyperlapse mode (sooooooo cool)
Day to night DJI Mavic 2 hyperlapse
Posted on August 22, 2018
Did you know DJI is releasing a brand new Mavic 2 drone this week?
I have to be honest, I am pretty dang excited.
The new Mavic 2 is expected to be offered in 2 or 3 configurations tomorrow for DJI’s “See the Bigger Picture” event in New York.
The event starts tomorrow, Thursday, August 23 at 10am EDT. A direct link for DJI’s live stream of the event is right here.
DJI Mavic 2 Leaks & Photos
(the prices listed above are likely for placeholder & not accurate) Read More